Sensory Summit, a two-day conference designed to educate, inform, and inspire specialty coffee professionals, will return to the Sensory Theatre at the Robert Mondavi Institute at the UC Davis in early 2020.
The event will take place 30 January – 1 February 2020. This will be the third time the conference has taken part at UC Davis and is the first in a series of sensory events that will take place around the world in 2020.
The 2020 event, presented by academics and practical coffee professionals, will focus on recent research in extraction, post-harvest processing, fermentation, green coffee defects, multisensory perception and consumer preferences.
The two-day programme of seminars and workshops will provide attendees with information and direct sensory experiences in every session.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Professors Jean-Xavier Guinard and William Ristenpart, UC Davis Coffee Center
- Research Scientists Sophia Zhang and Florac De Bruyn
- Post-doctoral Fellow Molly Spencer
- Post-doctoral Researcher Fabiana Carvalho
- Graduate Student Researchers Mackenzie Batali, Andrew Cotter, and Sarah Yeager
More speakers and subsequent Sensory Programme events will be announced in the coming weeks.
Registration for the UC Davis event, limited to 100 attendees, is open until 14 December 2019.
For more information or to register, visit sensorysummitus.coffee.